26 May 2010
Research, education, social communication and dissemination.
Opera como sede la Biblioteca Elma Kohlmeyer de Estrabou Facultad de Filosofía de la Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Pabellón Agustín Tosco - Módulo "C", Ciudad Universitaria. X5000 HUA - CÓRDOBA – ARGENTINA.
+54 3515353610 int. 50400
Links to social networks
Person in chargeMónica Risnicoff de Gorgas - Museum curator
Other members of the Executive
- Daniel de la Torre, Arch., by Estancia Jesuítica de Santa Catalina
- Lic. Diego Buffa, Dra. María José Becerra by Advanced Studies Centre National University of Cordoba UNC
- Lic. Marta Bonofiglio by La Para Municipal Museum
- Museologist Celina Hafford, Lic. Ariel Bustos Bonvecchio by Juan de Tejeda Museum of Religious Art
- Lic. Marcela Fernández by Cultural Legacy, Province of Cordoba
- Lic. Soledad Ochoa by Museum of Anthropology, UNC
- Lic. Silvina Moyano by National Museum Estancia Jesuítica de Alta Gracia
- Lic. Claudia Suárez by Municipality of Cordoba
- Lic. Guadalupe Biscayart Melo by Museum of History, UNC
- Lic. Alejandra Greieff, by Elma Kohlmeyer de Estrabou Library, School of Philosophy, UNC
- Lic. Graciela Galli by UNC Main Library
Objectives of the institution
- To recognize cultural diversity as an asset.
- To promote the historical knowledge of the contribution of the enslaved to the society of Cordoba.
- To make the presence and contribution of the afro descendants in our social environment visible.
- To identify the tangible and intangible memory sites of the enslaved in the territory of Cordoba, in order to make an inventory, to preserve and promote such sites.
- To chart historic-cultural itineraries linked to the slave trade and slavery.
- To develop dissemination and capacity building actions, promoting reflection regarding the building of new identities, overcoming the prejudices installed in our culture.
Heritage documents under its protection
The Cordoba Group does not have documents under its protection, but our member institutions have valuable documents, as is the case of the Monseñor Pablo Cabrera Collection from the Elma Kohlmeyer de Estrabou Library of the School of Philosophy of the UNC. The study and research material began growing throughout the years, and at this moment the section has around 20 thousand books; 6 thousand brochures, topographic charts, maps, plans and photographs; and more than 700 titles of periodical publications regarding the history of the Americas, Argentina and Cordoba, on social science, politics and religion, perhaps the most valued among them is the collection of documents gathered by Monsignor Pablo Cabrera from the parish curate of Our Lady of El Pilar, made up by 14 thousand pieces, from years 1539 to 1919.
The state of conservation of these documents is good. They are in process of being digitalized. They are used as consultation material for researchers.
Other publications by the institution
The work included here is a proposal that intends to encourage the debate in classrooms about our identity as a society, through the teaching resources produced by educators from Cordoba. At the same time, this text proposes paying particular attention to making visible the contributions to our local environment, made by afro descendants to the society, to productive sphere and our identity in the past, and present. It challenges discourses and narratives in the educational context, which excluded them for over a century from any teaching material and from an active involvement at the moment of defining educational curricula.