23 July 2003
Analysis and processing of statistical information
Av. Atahualpa OE1-109 y 10 de Agosto
593-2 399 5600
Links to social networks
Person in chargeRoberto Castillo - Executive Director
Objectives of the institution
- To know the distribution and spatial concentration of the afro Ecuadorian population.
- To facilitate elements for the interpretation of rural-urban migratory trends.
- To compare their general situation in relation to the country.
- To know the level of opportunities that the State and the society grant the afro Ecuadorians. To determine the degree of fulfilment of their human and collective rights.
- To contribute to the analysis of the expressions of discrimination, racism and exclusion.
- To measure the degree of participation of the afro Ecuadorian people in the domestic organization and in spaces of public and political representation of the country.
Periodicals published by the institution
Other publications by the institution
“Racism and racial discrimination in Ecuador 2014”, in:
System of Indicators of the afro Ecuadorian people, in: